Criminal, Immigration & Family
Criminal & Immigration
Criminal, Immigration & Family
Criminal & Immigration
Rozas & Rozas Law Firm Visas

Employment Visas

When you’re in the Mississippi or Louisiana area and looking for a U.S. work visa, it’s important to know all your options. A variety of permanent or temporary worker visas are offered to both unskilled and skilled laborers who live outside of the United States. Depending on the requirements and application process, you may be eligible for one or more of such visas. The lawyers at Rozas and Associates want to help you determine if applying for a temporary worker visa or permanent work visa is right for your situation.

Examples of Employment-Based Permanent Visas and Temporary Worker Visas

Employment Visas

Learning about the different employment visas can prove to be difficult on your own, especially considering that there are so many. The H1B visa, for example, is offered to foreign or nonimmigrant employees of U.S. companies in temporary positions. The H1B visa is also the most common work visa for which people apply. Alternatively, the H2B visa is for temporary non-agricultural workers. This is not to be confused with the H2A, which is a temporary or seasonal agriculture visa.

There are also visas that are permanent, such as the EB3 visa, for which some foreign professionals are eligible. Such employment visas typically require at least 2 years of experience or schooling in some kind of skilled labor. These visas also require applicants to receive a PERM labor certification, which is the first step in employment-based permanent residency.

For other common visa types, visit our Common Nonimmigrant Visas page.

These are just a few examples of the many visas that the U.S. offers. Without guidance, it can be easy to get overwhelmed with the choices. This is one reason why it’s a good idea to get trustworthy legal counsel for such issues.

Employment Visas and Other Immigration Cases at Rozas and Associates

The team at Rozas and Associates in the locations of Baton Rouge, Alexandria, and Lafayette is well-equipped to handle any of your immigration needs. We even service Mississippi areas like Adams County. Whether you want to know if you are eligible for any of the visas mentioned, or you are working on behalf of a loved one, our dedicated staff of English and Spanish speaking lawyers is waiting to assist you. Contact us today for more information about the different work visas or to speak with someone about other immigration and detention center issues.

Free Consultation
Representation in English & Español
Call Now for a Free Consultation
(225) 478-1111
Submit a form to our Louisiana law firm to schedule a consultation with an experienced Louisiana lawyer to handle your personal injury, criminal defense, immigration or family law needs. English and Spanish-speaking representation is available
Baton Rouge: Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice Office
9332 Bluebonnet Blvd. Baton Rouge, LA 70810
Phone: (225) 343-0010
Fax: (225) 343-5018 Lafayette: Criminal & Immigration Office
100 East Vermilion Street, Suite 212, Lafayette, LA 70501
Phone: (337) 962-7283

Licensed in Louisiana. Practice in all other states limited to Immigration and Federal Criminal Defense.

Copyright © 2018, Rozas & Rozas, LLC