Sentencing for an assault and battery case will be determined by a number of factors, including:
- The severity of the incident
- Past criminal history (if applicable)
- The laws of your jurisdiction
- Your legal representation
- Under Louisiana criminal law, charges for assault and battery offenses range from misdemeanors to felonies, and can include
- Parish jail or state prison time
- Losing your right to own a deadly weapon
- A permanent criminal record
- & more
If you or a loved one has been accused or charged with assault and battery, there are options to explore. You will not be aware of these options until you hire an expert assault and battery attorney that has experience and in-depth knowledge of Louisiana assault and battery laws.
David Rozas and his team at Rozas & Associates are Louisiana Criminal Defense Attorneys, and this team knows what it takes to win criminal cases. You can rest assured that your assault and battery case will be thoroughly investigated and that all facts will be closely examined. Get in touch with our criminal defense attorneys at Rozas & Associates today. Our Louisiana attorneys have offices in Baton Rouge and Lafayette.