Schedule a Virtual Consultation With an Attorney

FAQs About Family & Marriage Visas

Answered by our experienced spouse visa attorneys

How do I apply for a green card for my spouse?

You are able to apply for an adjustment of status through Form I-485, filed together with Form I-130 if you and your spouse both live in the United States and your spouse entered the country legally on a visa or parole. You may need to use Form I-130 followed by consular processing if your spouse lives outside of the United States or if you both reside outside the country.

What is the difference between “conditional resident” and “permanent resident”?

After you’ve been married to your spouse for two years you may receive your permanent residency. You will receive a conditional resident car if you’ve been married for less than 2 years when you’re initially approved for residency. You will then need to submit a form to remove this condition within 90 days of the end of the two years of marriage. When you submit the form after two years of marriage, there are many forms of proof you will need to obtain permanent residency in the United States. The process is highly complex, so you need a Louisiana immigration attorney on your side!

What will take place during the interview?

You may be asked various questions about your relationship and marriage. Our team at Rozas and Associates are able to assist you with questions that may be asked during your interview.

What happens if my marriage-based green card is denied?

If your green card is denied you have the right to appeal the decision. Contact us today to speak to an attorney about your options!
Marriage and Family Visas


Speak With Us Now

Representation in English & Español

Call 225-478-1111.

Submit a form to our Louisiana law firm to schedule a consultation with an experienced Louisiana lawyer to handle your immigration or family law needs.

English and Spanish-speaking representation is available.

Fill out my online form.