Bringing Families Together In The U.S. Through Immigration

Marriage and family based visas are the usual first step a foreigner has in eventually becoming a United States Citizens.  We at Rozas and Associates law firm have helped thousands in past two decades realize this dream.  Our founding owner, David J. Rozas, has extensive experience with many family members from multiple countries throughout the world who have desired to come to the United States to live with their U.S. family.  Call us immediately at 225-478-1111, we are sure to help!

Whether you are currently in the United States, abroad waiting for consular processing, or just trying to figure out what is the best route for you or your family member, you have come to the right place.  Our attorneys and staff are here to provide you with the most up to date, accurate, and financially economical sound advice.  We know exactly what you need to know and do in order to succeed.  In fact, most of our staff were at one time or another, one of those individuals seeking their own entrance in the United States.  Many of our staff have either immigrated to the United States and become permanent residents and/or United States Citizens themselves OR have applied to get their spouse or child residency.  In fact, many started out as our own clients! 

There are different categories which provide different relief!

Those eligible for an Immediate Relative visa include the following:

The spouse of a U.S. citizen

The parent of an adult U.S. citizen

The unmarried children of a U.S. citizen


An orphan who was adopted abroad by a U.S. citizen or whose adoption by a U.S. citizen is pending.


If you are not yet married, a K-1 fiancé(e) visa allows someone you are engaged to who is residing outside the country to enter the United States so that you can marry and file for permanent status.


If you are already married, an immigrant marriage visa allows you to bring your husband or wife legally into the country.

Parent or sibling

I can help United States citizens bring their parents and siblings from abroad into the country.

Spouse or child of an asylee or refugee

Asylees and refugees may petition for children under 21 years old and spouses if they were married before the grant of asylum or refugee status. These I-730 petitions must be filed within two years of the grant of asylum.

Spouse or child of a visa holder

Spouse or child of a visa holder: Most visa categories (student, employment, athlete, entertainer, artist, etc.) allow for spouses and minor children to accompany the primary visa holder.

Same-sex spouse

LGBT spouses now qualify as “spouses for all immigration purposes.” I will help protect your rights as a member of the global LGBT community. Those eligible for a Family Preference Immigrant visa include the following:

Family First Preference (F1)

Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their minor children if applicable

Family Second Preference (F2)

Spouses, minor children, and adult unmarried sons and daughters of legal permanent residents

Family Third Preference (F3)

Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children

Family Fourth Preference (F4)

Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children

We have extensive experience in Family Based Visas


Free Consultation

Representation in English & Español

Call 225-478-1111.

Submit a form to our Louisiana law firm to schedule a consultation with an experienced Louisiana lawyer to handle your personal injury, criminal defense, immigration, or family law needs. English and Spanish-speaking representation is available.