Employment Visas

When you’re in the United States under a student visa (F1 OPT) and looking at a job offer (some clients are from countries like Canada and Mexico) which would allow you to apply for a TN visa, or you are looking for any type of  U.S. work visa, it’s important to know all your options. A variety of permanent or temporary worker visas are offered to both unskilled and skilled laborers who live in and outside of the United States. Depending on the requirements and application process, you may be eligible for one or more of such visas. The lawyers at Rozas and Associates want to help you determine if applying for a temporary worker visa or permanent work visa is right for your situation. Call us Today! 

Examples of Employment-Based Permanent Visas and Temporary Worker Visas

Learning about the different employment visas can prove to be difficult on your own, especially considering that there are so many. The H1B visa, for example, is offered to foreign or nonimmigrant employees of U.S. companies in temporary positions. The H1B visa is also the most common work visa for which people apply. Alternatively, the H2B visa is for temporary non-agricultural workers. This is not to be confused with the H2A, which is a temporary or seasonal agriculture visa.

There are also visas that are permanent, such as the EB3 visa, for which some foreign professionals are eligible. Such employment visas typically require at least 2 years of experience or schooling in some kind of skilled labor. These visas also require applicants to receive a PERM labor certification, which is the first step in employment-based permanent residency.

Without proper guidance and sound legal advice, in the ever changing world of immigration law, one can feel overwhelmed navigating through United States Immigration laws.

These are just a few examples of the many visas that the U.S. offers. This is one reason why it’s a good idea to get trustworthy legal counsel for such issues.

Employment Visas and Other Immigration Cases at Rozas and Associates

The team at Rozas and Associates has offices inBaton Rouge, Alexandria, Lafayette and New Orleans Louisiana.  We are well-equipped to handle any of your immigration needs. We even service clients throughout the United States and other countries.  As of June 2020, we've represented clients from every single state in the United States.  We also have clients all over the world from over 30 countries including, but not limited to France, Germany, China, Japan, Argentina, Uruguay, and beyond.  We've represented immigrants whether trying to immigrate in this country, or caught up in deportation proceedings in Louisiana, Missisippi, Gerogia, Florida, and many other states. 

Whether you want to know if you are eligible for any of the visas mentioned, or you are working on behalf of a loved one, our dedicated staff of English and Spanish speaking lawyers is waiting to assist you. Contact us today for more information about the different work visas or to speak with someone about other immigration and detention center issues.

Frequently Asked Questions About Employment Visas

What is an employment visa?

Employment visas, or employment-based immigrant visas, are provisions made available through U.S. immigration law, allowing a foreign applicant to work and live for an extended amount of time in the United States. These visas are given out based on where the applicant falls in the five preference categories laid out by the U.S. government.

What are the different types of work visas?

  • H-1B Visa: Temporary Specialty Worker Visa
  • H-2B Visa: Temporary Nonagricultural Visa
  • H-3 Visa: Temporary Trainee Visa
  • L-1 Visa: Intra-Company Trainee Visa
  • E-1 Visa: Treaty Trader Visa
  • E-2 Visa: Treaty Investor Visa
  • O Visa, P Visa, or R Visa: Temporary Worker Visa
Our team of work visa attorneys understand the pressure and difficulty picking and obtaining the right employment visa can be. At Rozas and Associates, our immigration lawyers can help walk you through the complex laws and assist you in the employment-based immigrant visa application process.

Is it possible to become a permanent resident of the U.S. through a job?

Yes. Immigrants can become permanent U.S. residents through the United States green card program. Green cards are given out to immigrants with secured employment within the United States that falls under one of the employment-based (EB) “preference immigrant” categories. The first preference categories is for priority workers like aliens with specific skills in sciences, education, or other rare fields. The second category covers immigrants who hold advanced degrees or have exceptional abilities. And the third category covers skilled workers and professionals. 

Can you get a U.S. work visa without a job offer?

It can be difficult to obtain a work visa when you don’t have a job offer lined up, but it can be done based on the immigrants unique abilities, religion, or if the immigrant is an investor creating more jobs for U.S. citizens. There are also other types of visas that can allow someone to legally live in the United States without employment, like a tourist visa or a student visa. Our attorneys at Rozas and Associates can guide you through the complicated process of obtaining an employment visa and help you find proper pathways to becoming a legal U.S. resident.

Free Consultation

Representation in English & Español

Call 225-478-1111.

Submit a form to our Louisiana law firm to schedule a consultation with an experienced Louisiana lawyer to handle your criminal defense, immigration, or family law needs. English and Spanish-speaking representation is available.